At Expedition: An Acton Academy, we believe strongly that every young human has come to earth with unique gifts and passions that are theirs to discover, cherish and share. We believe the role of guides and parents is to inspire and equip young learners to reach the potential that exists within them, by inspiring them to embark on what we call a "Hero's Journey." We all work collaboratively to make Expedition the perfect blend of individuality, curiousity, and community, filled with Heroes that will indeed find their calling and change the world.
1. Begin a Hero's Journey.
2. Learn to be a curious, independent, lifelong learner.
3. Develop a deep respect for economic, political and religious freedoms.
4. Cherish the arts, wonders of the physical world and the mysteries of life on Earth.
5. Discover his or her most precious gifts and learn to use them to solve difficult problems.
1. We believe each child has a gift that can change the world in a profound way.
2. We believe in learning by knowing, learning by doing, and learning by being.
3. We believe our learning environment is a closely connected community of lifelong learners.
4. We believe in a society in which people live a life of meaning according to their deepest beliefs, cooperating without compulsion, and taking responsibility for the consequences of their actions.
Socratic Discussions and self paced challenges equip children to be independent lifelong learners.
Hands-on Quests for Science, Entrepreneurship and the Arts prepare children for Apprenticeships and real world challenges.
The Hero’s Journey, relational covenants and real world consequences transform difficult decisions into virtuous habits.